As a relatively new blogger, I completely understand just how stressful and overwhelming it can be to get your blog up and running! First off, not everyone is technologically savvy. Second, there are SO MANY things that NEED to be done in the beginning to even have a functioning website! I have compiled a list of blogging resources that helped me when I first got started and continue to help me make money each month!
Now, I am not the type of person to sugar coat anything – I am super real and will tell it like it is. I have not yet hit my 1 year anniversary of blogging. Do I make thousands of dollars a month like other bloggers do?
Nope, not yet!
BUT… I do make HUNDREDS of dollars each month an each month that number increases! Better than zero!
Also, I DO NOT recommend
any program ANYTHING that I haven’t used in the past, or do not use currently. I don’t believe that it is right to recommend something just to make money – I’m not about that life. Just tryin’ to help you out! We all had to start at the same place – ground zero.
If you haven’t quite yet started your blog, I have a SUPER DETAILED post that will walk you through the steps to start your website…..all the pretty stuff will happen after this first step. Check out my post – The Beginners Guide to starting a Money Making Blog!!
When I first decided to start blogging, I chose to do so because I had become a stay at home mom and thought it would be a great creative outlet for me. It definitely was exhilarating to hit publish on my first post! I was hesitant to share my life with not only family and friends, but to essentially the whole world! The internet is a magical place and there are so many different people that could come across your little piece of the web. After a few months, I realized that there were so many more opportunities to blogging than just writing about my life. Starting out, I didn’t even realize that you could make money from blogging! LIKE, WHAT?! Once I started to do a little bit more research to see if that was something that I could potentially do, I wished I had started earlier.
Once I had researched just about EVERYTHING, monetizing my blog became a big priority for me. When I left my job to stay at home with my son, we lost a huge chunk of our income. Now, I’m totally not complaining because I LOVE being a stay at home mom, but it was definitely an adjustment starting out.
Making money from your blog can come from so many different avenues. There are sponsored posts, social media posts, ad revenue, affiliate links, and SO MANY more!! One of the biggest ways that I make money is as a social media influencer.
I did so much research in the beginning that the least I could do would be to link to some of the resources that made it easy for my to get started, not only with my blog, but with making money as well. I really hope that you find this list useful and it is always to pin it so you can reference back as you progress in your blogging adventure!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase or sign up, at no cost to you, I may receive a small commission.*
- Bluehost – I LOVE Bluehost! If you sign up with them, you can get a domain name for free when you use my link. Their customer service is great and I have a step by step guide to get started.
- Mailerlite – This is the program I currently use. It is totally FREE up to 2000 subscribers, super easy to navigate and lots of options to customize.
- Fiverr – So many different designers on this website and the best thing is that the prices start at $5, can’t beat that!
- Etsy – Who doesn’t love Etsy?! There are TONS of options here!
You are definitely going to want to get your social media accounts set up specifically for your blog right away if you want to monetize. I’ve linked to my profiles below, feel free follow me and shoot me a message! I would love to get to know you!
- Google +
- Pinterest – Once you’ve set up your pinterest, check out my post on the best pinterest group boards to grow your blog traffic – a great resource to pin for later!
- Canon T6 Camera – The most recommended camera by bloggers! Great for beginners and cheapest on amazon 🙂
- iPhone 7 plus – I usually use my phone to take photos! With the iPhone 7, portrait mode takes great shots and they don’t require much editing. I have the Rose Gold phone because it is literally adorbs.
- Google AdSense – Not everyone likes to put ads on their website. I personally don’t see anything wrong with it (just don’t make it spammy!). Its a great passive way to make money each month and the potential for monetary growth is unlimited as you increase your page views over time.
- Amazon Associates
- Shopstyle Collective
- Target Affiliate
- Bluehost Affiliate
- Fresh Press Media
I will also be posting (SOON!) a list of all the influencer networks that I am a part of. These are another awesome way to get free products/compensation in exchange for social media posts or blog posts. Subscribe to my blog on the right sidebar so you get an email notification when I publish that post!!